Admitting New Patients:
EQRS requires six identifiers to admit patients: SSN, Medicare beneficiary identifier, first name, last name, gender, and date of birth.
The steps to admit a new dialysis patient are:
- Search for the patient in EQRS first, to confirm that they are not already admitted into your facility.
- From the EQRS Home screen, click the Patients tab to navigate to Admit Patient.
- Enter the required patient information, and then click Next. The Patients Demographics screen displays.
- Enter or select the patient's treatment information and any missing demographics information, and then click Submit.
- The View Patient Attributes screen displays the green message " Patient Details Successfully SUBMITTED."
The steps to discharge a patient are:
- From the EQRS Home screen, click the Patients tab and navigate to the Search Patients screen displays.
- Enter the patient criteria, and then click Submit. The Patient Search Results screen displays.
- Click the desired patient's EQRS UPI link. The View Patient Demographics screen displays.
- Click the Admissions tab on the left side of the screen. The View Patient Admissions screen displays.
- Click the patient's Admit Date. The View Admissions Information displays.
- Click Edit. The Edit Admission Information screen displays.
- Enter the required information in the Patient Discharge Information area, and then click Submit.
- A green box will display saying "Successful. Admission Record Update Successful".
These screenshots and further clarification is available in the CMS EQRS Data Management Guidelines: https://mycrownweb.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/EQRS-Data-Managment-Guidelines_vFINAL508.pdf